The Department of Business Administration at Awadesh Pratap Singh University, Rewa (MP) occupies a place of prominence in the realm of professional management education. It was established in the year 1988 and first batch of MBA students was started in January 1989. This department was recognised by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and accredited by the University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi in the year 1993. Presently, the department is offering MBA, BBA and PhD Programmes in Management and is a study centre for PGDMM Programme under distance mode.
This department was founded by Prof. V. C. Sinha, a renowned economist, who was a true visionary and a committed academician. He had personal involvement in the development of every student and was a friend, philosopher and guide to one and all. It was his value system which had been instrumental in flourishing this temple of knowledge and spreading its fragrance world wide. Professor Sinha has published more than 50 books on Economics and Management and is still a dedicated student of the subject. He is a constant source of inspiration to all his successors.
Currently the department is running BBA, MBA and PhD programmes under the faculty of management studies. It is also a study centre forPGDMM Programme under Distance Mode. Following are the objectives of the department:
- To provide best possible education to the students so as to help them in developing excellent managerial skills.
- To improve the decision making skills and administrative competence of the budding executives.
- To provide knowledge through research and to disseminate such knowledge through publication and reports.
- To understand how to solve a problem through the process of logical thinking.
- To learn how to work in a group through interpersonal relationship. The value of team work and to work against deadlines.
- To learn about different types of business organizations the difficulties involved in running the business. The aspects of law, finance, taxation, marketing, risk, evaluation. Etc.
- The course gives emphasis to project works so that students become organized, learn how to plan in practical terms rather then in terms of theory only.
- To provide necessary motivation and to make them competitive.
- To develop a well rounded personality of the students.