1. The meetings of the
Executive Council shall be held ordinarily once in two months or at such time as the Vice
Chancellor may direct.
2. The Vice Chancellor shall preside at the meetings of the Executive Council, In the absence of the Vice Chancellor
at any meeting the Rector, if any, shall preside at the meeting. In the absence, of the Vice Chancellor and the
Rector, the members present shall elect one of the members present to preside at the meeting.
3. The Registrar shall issue notices of meetings, record the minutes of proceedings and discharge such other duties
as may be prescribed.
4. (a) Meetings shall be convened under the direction of the Vice Chancellor.
(b) A special meeting shall be convened on a requisition signed by five members of the Executive Council. The
requisition shall specify the business for considering for which meeting is to be called.
(c) The Vice Chancellor may, at-any time, call an emergent meeting, but no specific business that is not of immediate
urgency shall be transacted thereat.
5. (a) Except in the case of a meeting convened by the Vice Chancellor under sub-paragraph (c) of paragraph 4 of this
Regulation, not less than fifteen clear days notice of the time and place of the meeting shall be given to the
(b) In the case of an emergent meeting under Sub-paragraph (c) of paragraph 4 of this Regulation the Registrar shall
give notice of the time and place of the meeting at least three days before the date of the meeting.
6. Any member of the Executive Council may make a recommendation or proposal to the Executive Council. Such
recommendation or proposal shall be sent in the form of a letter through the Registrar and shall be considered by
the Executive Council at the earliest date possible.
7. Proposal which a member wishes to place before the Executive Council shall be sent so as to reach the Registrar
at least ten clear days before the meeting.
8. (i) Thirty members of the Academic Council shall form a quorum.
(ii) No quorum shall be required at an adjourned meeting or an emergent meeting.
9. Except in the case of an emergent meeting convened by the Vice Chancellor under sub-paragraph (c) of paragraph
4 of this Regulation in the agenda together with a short note on each item of the agenda, shall be despatched at least
seven days before the date of the meeting. Members of the Executive Council may ask for additional, information if
any, on the items of the agenda in case this is communicated to the Registrar at least three days before the date of
10. No business shall be transacted at a meeting other than that specified in the agenda. Provided that the Chairman
may bring forward any business of routine and unimportant nature for consideration although not specified in
11. A meeting may be adjourned to any day in order to complete the unfinished business. Absent members may also be
informed if possible. No quorum shall be required at an adjourned meeting.
12. Except as provided otherwise, all acts of the Executive Council and all questions coming or arising before them
shall be done and decided by the majority of such members thereof as are present and vote at the meeting.
13. The Vice Chancellor shall have a vote and in the case of equality of votes, a casting vote.
14. The minutes of the proceedings of every meeting shall be drawn up by the Registrar and countersigned by the
The minutes of a meeting of the Executive Council shall be circulated to the members as early as may
be possible after the date of the meeting. Comments, if any may be invited from the members so as to reach the
office preferably before the next meeting.
15. Subject to the foregoing provisions, the Vice Chancellor may apply any of the Regulations of procedure for matter
at meetings of the court.
16. The minutes shall be confirmed at the next meeting of the Academic Council.