1. Every meeting of the Faculty shall be convened by
the Registrar in consultation with the Dean of the Faculty, or on the
reguisition of at least one half of its members.
The Vice Chancellor may call a joint meeting of two or more faculties to dispose of matters of common interest, whenever necessary.
2. The Dean shall preside at the meeting of the
faculty. In the absence of the Dean, the members present shall elect their
Chairman. At a joint meeting of two or more faculties, the seniormost Dean shall preside.
3. Meeting of Faculties shall be held ordinarily once a year or about in October. This meeting shall be called the Annual meeting.
4. Not less than one-third of the members of a Faculty including the Chairman shall form a quorum.
5. The Chairman shall have a vote and, in the case of an equality of votes, a casting vote.
6. The Registrar, shall not less than 15 days
prior to each meeting of the faculty, issue to each member a notice stating the
time and place of the meeting.
7. Notice and agenda of a resolution to be
moved at an ordinary meeting of the Faculty must be in the hands of the Registrar
not less than 7 clear days before the date of the meeting and this should be immediately circulated to members, but shall
be admitted with the permission of the Chairman.
8. Any matter not covered under the above
provisions, may be governed by the clauses of the Regulation prescribed for
discussion of matters at meetings of the Executive Council, in so far as the Chairman thinks it.