In exercise of the powers conferred by section 85 (1) (viii) of the
Act, the Academic Council of the University makes the following Regulation regarding
equivalence of examinations :
1. The Committee of Equivalence, shall be constituted as follows :
(1) The Vice Chancellor
(2) (1-a) The Recior
(3) All Deans of Faculties ; and
2. The functions of the Committee shall be :
(a) to recommend to the Academic Council the examinations of other Universities and bodies which considers equivalent to the corresponding examinations of this University.
(b) to report to the Academic Council on all matters relating to equivalence of examinations, which are referred to it by the Academic Council or the Vice Chancellor; and.
(c) to consider applications for recognition of examinations received from other Universities and bodies and submit its recommendations to the Academic Council.
3. Not less than half the number of members of the Committee shall from the quorum for a meeting of the Committee.
4. In discharging its functions, the Committee
shall be guided by the following broad principles -
(1) in all cases in which recognition has been given provisionally or otherwise to the examinations of other Universities and examining bodies as equivalent to the corresponding examinations of this University, Such recognition will be to those
Universities and examining bodies which reciprocate with this University; and
(2) The Committee will have power to recommend to the Academic Council, on the merits of each individual case, to recognize a term or terms kept by a student in another University or under a Board for any examinations as equivalent
to the corresponding term or terms at a college or colleges affiliated to this University, provided the terms are nearly
of the same duration and the migration of the student is due to civil commotion only continued or other causes of like