STATUTE NO. 33
1. For the purposes of promoting sports and physical welfare of the
students there shall be a sports Committee which
shall consist of :-
(1) The Kulpati Ex-Officio Chairman.
(2) Two Principals of Colleges and not
more than three Professor of University Schools of Studies or Teaching
Department nominated by the Kulpati.
(3) Three teachers of the
affiliated college one of whom shall be a lady teacher and one teacher of the School of
or Teaching Department nominated by the Kulpati.
(4) Two persons of whom at least
one shall be a non-teacher appointed by the Executive Council.
(5) Not more than two persons
possessing Expert knowledge or experience of a branch or branches of sports to be
co-opted by the sports Committee.
(6) Two Physical Training
Instructors of Colleges or Schools of studies or Teaching Departments nominated by
(8) Two captains of University team
in the preceding year nominated by the Kulpati.
(9) Director of Physical
Education-Ex-Officio member Secretary.
2. The term of all members except ex-officio members and members under item no.8
of para 1 above shall be three years. The
term of members under item 8 shall be one year. Five
members shall form a quorum. Ordinarily, no member shall be
eligible for nomination for the second consecutive term.
3. The sports committee shall meet at ordinarily twice every year. The date for
the meeting shall be fixed by the Secretary with
the approval of the Kulpati.
4. In the absence of the Kulpati members present shall elect Chairman who shall preside
at the meeting.
Subject to the control of the Executive Council the Sports Committee shall organize
control, manage and supervise
either by itself or through various sub-committees, Inter-Collegiate Sports &
Tournament an to foster, undertake
The sports committee shall subject to the approval of Executive Council frame and adopt
all rules to be followed
by all the constituent and affiliated colleges and schools of studies and teaching
department of the university.
shall decide whether the University shall participate in the Inter University competitions
and prepare the budget
for the expenses.
shall recommend to the Executive Council whether the University shall participate in
Competition and shall prepare Budget for the expenses involved in such participation.
The committee shall have the following powers -
(1) To appoint Organising Committees to conduct and arrange Inter-University competition
(2) To issue certificates of proficiency in games to the players.
(3) To conduct Inter-Collegiate Sports and Tournaments.
(4) To appoint Selection Committees to choose University Teams for Inter-University
(5) To prepare budget for approval of the Executive Council.
(6) To appoint Managers, Coaches and Captains for team participating in Inter-University
(7) To propose disciplinary action against the players and college teams for violation of
the Sports Rules,
Regulation and for misconduct either on the playground or outside.
(8) To prepare Annual Report of the sports activities.
(9) To frame, modify or amend rules for the efficient control and carrying out of the
activities of sports.
(10) To award Crest and Certificates or both to the players and competitors participating
or Inter-Collegiate Tournaments.
(11) To organise Physical Training in the College and Schools of studies or Teaching Dept.
of the University.
(12) To advice the Executive Council on all the matters connected to sports and games in
Schools of Studies and Teaching Dept.
(13) To take such steps as may be necessary in due discharge of their responsibilities and
to perform such
functions as may be assigned by the Executive Council.