[Refer Section 35 (f)]
(1) A convocation for the purpose of conferring post graduate degrees and making
awards shall ordinarily be held every
year in the month of December at the head
Quarters of the University and shall be called Annual Convocation. A
special Convocation may also be held at such
time as may be found necessary or convenient. The actual date of the
Convocation in each case shall be fixed by the
Kulpati with the approval of the Kuladhipati.
(2) Ordinarily not less than four weeks notice shall be given by the Registrar
for holding a Convocation. This period
may however, be reduced to ten days in the case
of special convocation or in any other case where such a course
is considered expedient by the Kulpati.
(3) The candidate desiring to receive Degree in person must apply to the
Registrar 15 clear days before the day fixed
for the convocation in the prescribed form
together with a fee of Rs. 100/- intimating their intention to be present
at the Convocation. Provided that the Kulpati
may in special cases permit the receipt of late applications upto
seven days before the date of convocation if
such applications are accompanied by a later fee of Rs. 50/-.
(4) Such candidates as are unable to present themselves in person at the
convocation may apply for receiving their
Degrees in absentia in the prescribed form one month
after the date of convocation alongwith a fee of Rs.20/- and
(5) Every degree shall bear the signature of the Kulpati. The date on the
degrees, whether to be awarded at the
convocation or otherwise, will be the same as
the date of the University convocation.
(6) The Kuladhipati, Kulpathi, Deans of Faculties, Members of the Executive
Council, Academic Council, court and
the Registrar shall wear the academic costumes
of the University of which they are Graduates or the Gowns or any
other costumes prescribed by the Executive
(7) Candidates at the convocation shall put on the Academic Robe prescribed by
the Executive Council and no
candidate shall be admitted to the convocation
without the Academic Robe prescribed by the University.
(8) Degrees will be distributed to the candidates attending the Convocation at
the place, time and day specified by
notification before or after the convocation as
decided by the University.
(9) The Kuladhipati, the Kulpati the Deans of the Faculties, Members of the
Court, Executive Council and Academic
Council and the Registrar shall assemble at the
place notified at the appointed hour and shall walk in procession in
the following order to the convocation ground -
1. The Registrar,
2. Members of the Academic
3. Members of the Court,
4. Members of the Executive
5. Deans of Faculties.
6. The Kulpati,
7. The Chief Guest if any.
8. Th Kuladhipati,
(10) The Kuladhipati, the Chief Guest, the Kulpati, the Chief Minister, the
Education Minister, Deans of the Faculties,
members of the Executive Council,
the Registrar and such other persons named by the Executive Council shall
take their seats on the dias and
the members of the Court and the Academic council on both sides of the dias in
places reserved for them.
(11) The candidates present at the Convocation shall take their seats at the
places reserved for them before the
procession enters in the
Convocation Pandal. As the procession enters the Convocation Pandal, all those present
shall rise and remain standing
until the members of the procession have taken their respective seats.
(12) The Registrar shall declare the Convocation open with the permission of the
Kuladhipati or in his absence with the
permission of the Kulpati. On a
request from the Kulpati, the Kuladhipati and in the absence of Kuladhipati the
Kulpati will permit the candidates
be presented. The following shall be the order of the presentation -
Degrees, if any.
Degrees in the following Faculties :-
of Social science.
of Life Science.
of Physical Education.
10. Faculty of
11. Faculty of
12. Faculty of
13. Faculty of
*14. Faculty of Prachya
of Prabardh Sankaya.
(13) The Deans of their Respective Faculties shall present all the candidates
for various degrees under the Faculty and
the Kulpati shall admit the
candidates present also in absentia to the Degrees concerned. The citation for the
Deans of the Faculty and the
Kulpati shall be as prescribed by the Executive Council. Recipients of the Degrees
shall remain standing while the
Dean and the Kulpati admits the candidates to the Degree.
(14) In the case of conferment of Honorary Degrees the citation admitting
the recipient to the Degree may be modified
by the Kuladhipati in a suitable
manner. After the degrees have been conferred, the Registrar shall declare the
number of the Degrees / Diplomas
that have been conferred on Regular and Private candidates present at the
convocation and also in absentia.
(15) The Kuladhipati or in his absence the Kulpati shall then present the medals
and prizes to the recipients of the
Medals /Prizes who shall be called
individually by the Registrar and shall stand before the Kuladhipati or the
Kulpati as the case may be. The
names of the recipients shall be read out by the Registrar.
(16) The Kuladhipati or in his absence the Kulpati shall then request the Chief
Guest to address the Convocation.
(17) The Convocation address will thereafter be delivered. The Registrar with
the permission of the Kuladhipati and in
his absence with the permission of
the Kulpati will then declare the convocation closed, and the procession will
leave the convocation hall. All
shall remain standing till the procession moves out of the Hall / Arena.
(18) Notwithstanding anything contained in the Statute Kuladhipati may suspend
holding of the Annual Convocation
or Convocations. In such case the Degrees
will be sent to the candidates duly signed by the Kulpati at their
addresses. The Registrar shall notify the
suspension of the Convocation and invite applications from the candidates
who desire to take the degree and shall
fix the last date for receipt of such applications. The Degrees will be sent
to those candidates who have applied for
obtaining the degrees on payment of a fee of Rs. 150/- plus postal
charges. The candidates who do not apply
within due date for obtaining degrees shall be given degree as in the
case of those absentia shall be charged.
The dates on such degrees shall be the date fixed by the Kulpati on the
recommendation of the standing committee
of the Academic council.
* Approved by coord no. 26 dated 25.5.85