This department was established in the year 1988 as a pioneering institute of professional education in the Vindhya Region and the state of Madhya Pradesh. It has been a milestone in this region in developing youngsters for the corporate world. It has not only nurtured the aspiring professionals of tomorrow but has also provided them excellent career opportunities. This department was recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and accredited by the University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi in the year 1993.
Currently, the department is running BBA, MBA and Ph.D. programs under the faculty of management studies. The admission to MBA Programme is done through Director, Technical Education, Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal (MP).
This department was founded by Prof. V. C. Sinha, a renowned economist, who was a true visionary and a committed academician. He had personal involvement in the development of every student and was a friend, philosopher and guide to one and all. It was his value system that had been instrumental in flourishing this temple of knowledge and spreading its fragrance worldwide. Professor Sinha has published more than 50 books on Economics and Management. Though he has left this material world, he is still a constant source of inspiration to all his successors.
- To provide the best possible education to the students so as to help them in developing excellent managerial skills.
- To improve the decision-making skills and administrative competence of the budding executives.
- To provide knowledge through research and to disseminate such knowledge through publication and reports.
- To understand how to solve a problem through the process of logical thinking.
- To learn how to work in a group through interpersonal relationships. The value of teamwork and working against deadlines.
- To learn about different types of business organizations and the difficulties involved in running the business, the aspects of law, finance, taxation, marketing, risk and evaluation, etc.
- The course gives emphasis on project work so that students become organized, and learn how to plan in practical terms rather than in terms of theory only.
- To provide the necessary motivation and to make them competitive.
- To develop a well-rounded personality of the student
The department has a state of art campus which is well equipped with all modern facilities such as a rich Library & Book Bank with more than 12000 books, a modern Computer Lab with 60 PCs of the latest configuration, WiFi Campus, a Business Lab, a Modern Conference Hall, Activity Hall and five Lecture Halls with Power Point Projectors/Smart Board. Apart from the university website, the department has its own website: dbarewa.com. We regularly organize National & International level Conferences & Workshops and Invited Talks of eminent Professors and Industry Experts from across the country and abroad. Every year, we organize a Management Festival of 4-5 days for the overall development of the students which includes 20-25 competitions for the students comprising of Academic, Cultural & Sports Activities & Events. More than 2700 alumni of this department are very well placed in the corporate world not only in India but across the globe. Some of them have reached the level of VP, AVP, GM, DGM, Regional Manager, etc. We have our prominent presence in academics as well, as many of our alumni are in reputed institutes including IIMs, IIFM, NITTR, JNU, central universities, state universities, and reputed private institutes. We regularly organize Alumni Meets in which more than 600 alumni have participated so far. We have a registered Alumni Association, ‘AROMA’ which contributes regularly to the development, training and placement of the students. We have instituted two running trophies donated by our alumni for “Best Student of the Year” for MBA & BBA students, respectively.
In addition to CM Helpline, for grievance redressal students can send an email to